What We Can Accept
Items We Can Accept
New Image Thrift Store happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: Stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Flat screen TVs (we only accept flat screen TVs, no CRTs)
- Other large items
Unfortunately, we DO NOT offer home pick-up of donations at this time.
We now accept the following electronics as donations:
- Flat Screen Monitors (no CRTs)
- Hard Drives
- Mainframe computers
- Network switches
- Compact disc players
- DVD Players
- Electronic games
- Remote controls
- Tape players
- Two-way radios
- Cell phones
- Fax Machines
- Answering machines
- Telephone systems
Items We Cannot Accept
It's hard to say "no thank you" to a donation, however, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it can be sold for in our store. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- CRT TVs
- Furniture with cosmetic or structural damage which would make the item "unsellable".
- CRT Computer Monitors
- Computer Printers
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc.
- No mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.